Monday, September 27, 2010

Verses for Pregnancy and birth

I have to thank Xande for many of these verses. I got them from her blog then added a few of my own.
As the birth of our little one draws near I am focusing on and trusting God to give me the grace and strength to deliver this baby healthy, strong and naturally without much pain. God is faithful and I am relying on Him!

I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Psalm 34:4,5 NIV

Listen to me…you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:3,4 NIV

We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in You.
Psalm 33:20-22

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NIV

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2 NIV

This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. 1 John 5:14-15

I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:23-24

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. Phil. 4:13

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19

So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word. Heb. 10:23

For nothing will be impossible with God. Luke 1:37

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Tim 1:7

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:26-27

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

1 comment:

TulipGirl said...

Beautiful. . . And the John 14 verse you mentioned was one which really helped me.

"peace, I give to you. . . my peace, I give to you. Not as the world gives, give I to you. . . Let not your heart be afraid, let not your heart be troubled."

Also what helped was remembering that God has designed my body to give birth. That the pressure was helping my cervix to expand. That the discomfort was purposeful. That labor means work, and this is the hard work of birth. *huuug* I'm sure Amy has been coaching you a lot, too.