Saturday, April 14, 2007

My finals are Monday and Tuesday. Surprisingly, I'm quite calm. This is crazy since last week I was a nervous wreck. You'd think I'd get more nervous the closer it is to the deadline. I guess I'm at the point that whatever happens, happens. Just relax, pray and enjoy the ride.

I am looking forward to going back home for a few days after the final. I so need a break. All of my days have been jumbled together and moving in fast forward but I feel like I'm in slow motion. I barely have time to breathe. Hopefully that'll change. But it's up to me. I have to make the time to relax, just like I have to make the time to eat, sleep, have my quiet time and exercise. It's tougher than I'd like to admit, but I can do it. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, even if its just sitting down for a few minutes and doing nothing.

My friend Katie comes home on Tuesday. I can't wait to see her. She was one of the first girls I met when we moved here and a real blessing. It'll be nice to hang out with her again. She was in California for the birth of her baby girl Helena. Her hubby Tony is with Jason in Iraq. I've only seen pictures of Helena but I know that pictures don't do people justice. I just better be careful to not let my biological clock go haywire. I already want to be a Mom. But, nows not the time obviously. Anyways, it'll be nice to have a baby around. I miss playing with my nieces and nephew. Kids are great!

Well, now is the time that I need to make for exercising. I told Jason I'd do it today and the day is quickly becoming nil and void, so I better scoot.

3 comments:

Momma Amy said...

Hey Em,

I love the pic! Your hair looks great!! I can't wait to see you Wednesday. It will be so fun to just hang out together, too bad Rebecca can't be there, too. I'm sure you will do really well on your finals. I'll be praying for you.

Love Ya!

TulipGirl said...

How'd your finals go?

Unknown said...

amy---hi and guess what?
i am half finished with my Clinical Massage program with the Soma Institute in Chicago. So happy to learn you are pursuing the journey....blessings, maureen k.