Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've been tagged....

If you came to my house. . .

You would see:

Two beautiful window boxes on the front porch brimming over with flowers, Benny laying on the sofa and our new cat Oscar sitting in the window, bare walls because I cannot seem to find the time to "decorate" and a place where 2 people enjoy living.

We’d probably feed you:
Goldfish (I've had a craving for them the past month), watermelon and anything else I decide to make for dinner.

And offer you this to drink:
Water, sweet tea, milk and a stray soda of some sort.

We’d undoubtedly ask if you’d read:
Hmmmm.... anything good lately? Now a days I'm lucky to get to spend a few minutes reading Real Simple magazine, let alone a book. But I have a few I'd like to chill with.....

We’d want to play this music for you:Anything Country.....I agree with Amy, who wants to listen to music when you can gab with friends?

We’d want to tell you the latest about:
Church, work, and wherever we've been hiking lately....just to name a few

We’d probably suggest a game of:
CANASTA

We might/would definitely show off:
our new home, giving the grand tour that takes all of 5 minutes. Open floor plan... :-)

We might get on the computer and show you:
Some of our favorite pictures, or cool videos we've seen on YouTube.

If it was a long enough visit, we might watch:
Depends on the person.....home videos, chick flick, action/adventure? I completely agree Amy.

What would a visit to your house be like?


So, I'm supposed to tag some other folks. Let's say:

Aliza
Domestic Intellectual
Charletta

Although it sounds like we're too busy to be home, we tend to just relax and watch a few of our favorite shows in the evening, plus catch up on the happenings of life. Sometimes it feels like we're travelling in a million directions...lol

Here's a little update of our life.....Jason gets out of the army in January so he is starting the process now. All this week he has ACAP training. Not sure what is stands for but it pretty much is classes on writing a resume, how to look for a job, etc. He has a few ideas of where he'd like to work, but first he wants to make sure he has what he needs to get started. It is kinda weird thinking about getting out of the Army. Although it has been tough at times, its all we've known being married almost 3 years now. We are not going to have the same benefits or responsibilities as we have now. It's exciting, yet a LITTLE scary....lol But God knows what we need and where He wants us, so we're following Him.
Work is still the same. I have my 90 day review coming up on Thursday. I'm not really worried since my boss and I have already talked a bit, but I know there are areas that I can improve.
As I mentioned above we have a cat. He really is Jason's cat. I don't mind cats but I certainly am more of a dog person. Jason has the joy of playing with a crazy black and white cat about 1 yr old. Oscar is definitely something else. We've only had him about a week but he is slowly warming up to Benny. Benny doesn't mind him but depending on Oscar's mood he either doesn't mind Ben or hates him. I swear he has split personalities....lol

Well, I got a lot to do this morning before work so I better cut out. Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

The Domestic Intellectual said...

Thanks for tagging me... you can see my list here: http://domesticintellectual.blogspot.com/2008/05/if-you-came-to-my-house.html

BTW, since I am also in the midst of job searching, etc. I heartily recommend the book Knock 'Em Dead by Martin Yates. Jason really should check it out. It is geared more toward executive/professional types, but it gives invaluable advice about resumes and the chapters on interviewing are fantastic. It has totally been worth the $15 I paid at Borders:-)

Love you bunches! Hope to see you before too long. But I am not exactly sure when that is.

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! Good to hear from you. It sounds like you guys are enjoying your new home. I'm glad everythings peachy-keen! Love you, Gen